Intro Post

Hi!  My name is Emily Lofton. This is my second semester attending GCC, and I am currently majoring in Graphic Design, getting all my pre-reqs out of the way. I enjoy writing (typically fiction in the form of short stories and poems,) drawing, and video games.
I'm a pretty middle-of-the-road, laid back kind nerd, I enjoy high-fantasy and sci-fi (In terms of both reading and writing,) well-written fan fiction, and absorbing as much random info as I can for use in world-building (both drawing and writing.)

I enjoy both Star Trek and Star Wars-in small doses. Also memes. Especially nerdy pun memes.

 I love most kinds of animals, and am currently the proud(?) owner(?) of a large furry tumor we think is a calico cat...or something.

I've got plenty of pet peeves,not that I could name many off the top of my head, but I'd know them if I saw them. The only ones that immediately come to mind are the ones pertaining to language-mainly spelling and proper usage of their/there/they're. I grew up among highly intelligent people, several of whom took it upon themselves to correct my grammar, to the point that I notice some stuff automatically (which is more annoying to me than any actual error.) I can take criticism, as long as it's the constructive kind,and welcome comments and (polite) discussion.

I might've grown up reading too many British children's books,because I have had people comment on my spelling before (I'm getting better, I promise. I even use contractions and stuff!) I have trouble finishing long pieces, but I recently completed three poems and a science fiction
short story (which is a win for me!), with two more short stories in the works.
 Currently binge-watching Steven Universe, and am well into season 2.
Steven Universe Wikipedia
Steven Universe theme song/ear worm

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Them's Flyting Words: On Norsemen and Poetry Slams

From the mouths of...Parents?: Some Thoughts on "Motherese"

Straight from the Norse's Mouth: English Etymologies Taken from Old Norse